S and J Engineers - Terms and Conditions of Sale

1: Governing Conditions

These Terms and Conditions alone shall govern the contract between Buyer and S and J Engineers, and no other terms or conditions which may appear on any document issued by the buyer shall be binding on S and J Engineers unless expressly so agreed in writing, signed for and on behalf of S and J Engineers

2: Deliveries

Any delivery date indicated by S and J Engineers shall be construed as an estimate only. In event of any stoppage of work due to any strike, lockout, trade dispute, breakdown, accident or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of buyer or S and J Engineers and which affects the ability of S and J Engineers to make or the buyer to accept delivery of the goods, delivery of the goods may be partially or wholly suspended until normal working is resumed or the cause of the stoppage is remedied, and neither party shall be under any liability to the other for any consequence of any delay in delivery through such cause. Goods are normally delivered free of charge by S and J Engineers' own transport within their normal van delivery area. Beyond this area and within that area if the buyer specifies any other method of delivery, S and J Engineers reserve the right to pass on the cost of delivery to the buyer.

3: Loss or damage in transit

Goods lost or damaged in transit will be replaced free of charge provided that S and J Engineers receive a complete statement of claim in writing within seventy two hours of delivery from the buyer. Failure to give such notice shall release S and J Engineers of all responsibility in this connection. If goods are not received within seven days of the date of invoice the buyer is required to notify S and J Engineers immediately thereafter in writing, otherwise no liability can be accepted.

4: Payment

Payment for components applied will be 70% of the quoted value, due with the order being placed, with the remaining 30% due upon delivery. Unless specific arrangements and terms have been made with S and J Engineers prior to the work being undertaken

5: Retention of Title

The risk in the goods shall pass from the seller to the buyer upon delivery of such goods to the buyer. However notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the goods, title and property in the goods, including full legal and beneficial ownership, shall not pass to the buyer until the seller has received in cash or cleared funds payment in full for all goods delivered to the buyer under this and all other contracts beween the seller and the buyerfor which payment of the full price of the goods thereunder has not been paid. Payment of the full price of the goods shall include the amount of any interest or other sum payable under the terms of this and all other contracts between the seller and the buyer under which the goods were delivered.